Last week, I hit one hundred followers. I will be the first to admit, I haven’t done a great job in reaching out in 2010, so I appreciate each and every one of you all the more!
That’s why I’ve planned for months on throwing a party when I reached 100 followers. Party hats, party trivia, and gifts. ;D
I’ve got LOTS of different giveaways, but there are some rules for winning.
1. You need to be a follower. Yup, since this is a “Thanks for Following Me” party, you need to be a follower. It’s only fair. That said, if you’ve been a follower before today, you’ll receive 5 points. If you start following me now, you’ll receive 2 points.
2. Commenting will get you an extra point for EACH COMMENT during the course of the contest because lets be honest, blogging just isn’t much fun if no one’s listening. Also, it’s the method you’ll need to use to officially enter the contest.
3. If you choose to FB, Tweet or blog about this, that’s awesome and I’ll give you an extra two points for each effort. I’m going to count on your honesty, though, so just let me know you’ve given this post a shout out; no links are necessary.
4. This contest will continue until Midnight on the Ides of February. (I’ve always wanted to use ‘Ides’ in a sentence! Woo hoo!) The Ides of February is the 13th, in case you wondered. I will announce my winners on the following day.
5. First prize will go to the person with the most number of points and so on:
A. First Fifty Pages Critique
B. Query Letter or Synopsis Critique
C. The wooden box to the right, carved by East Indian artists.
D. A Barnes & Noble Notepad with this beautiful Chinese-style illustration and magnetic closure. (See the picture at the top of this post for the cover and inside illustrations.)
E. Wonton Bath Fizzers. Fill your bathrub with warm water and dissolve the wonton – err, fizzer in it. Kinda cool, huh? (For all those interested, they contain Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Pentasodium Triphosphate, Cellulose Gum, Talc, Sodium Sulfate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Parfume, FD&C Blue #1 Cl42090.)
Now, if a prize winner would like one of the other prizes, (say, my first prize winner does not want a fifty page critique,) I will shuffle the prizes accordingly, but the next person in line will always be offered the biggest kahuna available. LOL
Good luck and many thanks to you all!